How to Wear a Men's Waistcoat: Style Tips
It is imperative that one must follow these basic rules when purchasing or wearing a waistcoat:
- Buy a waistcoat that fits close to the body. Avoid purchasing any waistcoat that is too loose or too tight.
- Ensure that the length of the waistcoat is right for you. It should cover all of your stomach, and stop at the very bottom of your waist.
- Tighten the waistcoat at the rear so it doesn't hang loose.
- When wearing a single-breasted waistcoat, leave the last button unfastened to allow more room at the hips for movement.
- Formal waistcoats should be worn with a well-tailored suit. Casual waistcoats may be worn over jeans or chinos.
- Only wear a patterned waistcoat with solid color pants. Nevertheless, a patterned waistcoat may also be worn with matching patterned pants.
- Wear a tie, bowtie or cravat with your waistcoat for a more formal look.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.